Main Characters: Harry, Ron, Hermoine, Neville, Luna, Snape, Voldemort, the other Weasley’s, the death eaters, Lupin and Tonks, Xenophilous Lovegood.
Main Premise: Harry, Ron and Hermoine set off to find the remaining horcruxes to destroy them so they can then kill Voldemort.
Locations: All over England, in both the magical world (Hogwarts, the Burrow, Hogsmede, Godric’s Hollow, etc.) and non-magical world (London and elsewhere).
How it ended: Harry defeats Voldemort.
How that happened:
- the cup was in the LeStrange vault in Gringotts in Diagon Alley and Hermoine destroys it; the sword to destroy the horcruxes was being protected by Snape (who killed Dumbledore because Dumbledore asked him to in order to ensure that Harry would have a chance to beat Voldemort) and Snape sends it to Harry;
- the diadem of Ravenclaw was in the room of requirement (Harry gets some help from the Grey Lady, the host of Revenclaw, in finding where it is) and Harry destroys it;
- RAB was Sirius’ brother Regulus. He found the locket and tried to have Kreacher destroy it. Kreacher couldn’t do it and the trio gets the info on the locket from Kreacher. Umbridge ended up with it after Mundungus stole it from Kreacher after Sirius died and Harry manages to steal it from Umbridge. While the trio doesn’t know how to destroy it at first, Ron eventually destroys the locket after Snape gets the sword to Harry outside Godric’s Hollow (the trio realized that the basilisk venom would allow the sword to destroy the horcruxes but since the sword had disappeared they didn’t know how to destroy it at first);
- Snape is killed by Voldemort because Voldemort thinks the Elder Wand was Snapes and Voldemort wants it to be his;
- Snape was actually protecting Harry all along (even though he didn’t like Harry) because Snape had been in love with Lily forever; Snape was also trying to protect the other students as best he could – he was a double agent all along and really was Dumbledore’s man;
- Neville killed Nagini;
- Harry was an unintentional horcrux created when Voldemort’s curse rebounded because of Lily’s sacrifice and Harry sacrificed himself for everyone else which is what actually saved him and it separated Voldemort’s soul from his so that Voldemort could be killed;
- Dumbledore knew pretty much everything all along and orchestrated events from the beginning of the series;
- Dumbledore had the Elder Wand which actually belonged to Harry because Draco beat Dumbledore (just before Dumbledore was killed by Snape) and Harry beat Draco so the wand was Harry’s not Voldemort’s and that is why the wand never responded to Voldemort the way Voldemort expected and what allowed Harry to beat Voldemort;
- Fred is killed along with Tonks and Lupin;
- The Deathly Hallows were three items: Harry’s cloak of invisibility, the Guant ring that Dumbledore destroyed and the Elder Wand which was Dumbledore’s wand;
- Dumbledore got the Elder Wand when he defeated Grindewald and Voldemort thought if he got the wand her would be undefeatable; he was also looking for the Hallows, thinking it would make him indestructible at least as far as death was concerned;
- Molly kills Belatrix;
- Malfoy runs from the battle when he has the chance (and Harry saves him from burning to death right in the room of requirement).
Other Important Things to Remember for Later: Well, there really isn’t any “later” – at least not at this point. But the epilogue is filled with lots of wonderful information. Including:
- Harry and Ginny marry and have kids. They name one after Dumbledore and Snape, another after Lily.
- Ron and Hermoine marry.
- Lupin and Tonk’s son Teddy visit with the Potter’s all the time.
- Harry and Ron are aurors.
- Kingsley became Minister of Magic.
- Neville became a herbology professor at Hogwarts.