In honor of the end of 2011, which is rapidly approaching, I thought I would work on some year end/new year lists to recap. Especially since the end of 2011 means my little blog experiment is approaching its one year mark. So, I might as well start recapping the events of the year and planning for what I am going to read next year.
And I am so excited for some of the books coming in 2012. Getting through 2012 will be so exciting. No, it’s not just about watching December 2012 come and go and watching another group of doomsday-sayers be wrong (the Mayan calendar is pretty cool, but I don’t believe in the end of the world scenarios and that’s part of why reading The Daykeeper’s Grimoire by Christy Raedeke was such a huge disappointment – review for that is forthcoming)… but it’s about some huge expectations for sequels in some of my favorite series. Boy, I hope I am not disappointed. There are so many books where the first one was great but the second, well, sucked. And they didn’t get better after that. So… with those high expectations in mind, here’s MY 5 (or so) most anticipated YA and PNR books coming in 2012, in no particular order! I have a few hopefuls and a few that are fit in other categories too. I would be interested in the ones you are looking forward to most!
- The White Glove War (Magnolia League #2) by Katie Crouch
- Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum
- The Enchantress (the conclusion 😦 to the Secerets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott
- Spellcaster (Spellbound #2) by Cara Lynn Schultz
- The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles #2) by Kady Cross
- Make Me (Demon Underground #4) by Parker Blue
- Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed #10) by Lara Adrian
- Werewolf in Seattle (Wild About You #3) by Vicki Lewis Thompson
- The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9) by Gena Showalter
- Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) by JR Ward
- Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #3) by Larissa Ione
- Accidentally Dead, Again (Accidental Friends #6) by Dakota Cassidy and Accidental Genie (Accidental #7)
- Tempest’s Fury (Jane True #4) by Nicole Peeler
Others (note about the category: some would put these into the PNR category but I most often see them in the mystery category. And I put them in the mystery category for the blog, so… after all it is my blog so I can do it how ever I want! 🙂 And, there aren’t many of the “others” since I tend to stick pretty much to the YA/PNR/mystery/SciFi/Fantasy and for the most part the sub-generes I read end up looking like one big lump of a category because they all tend to have a paranormal bent!):
Those without listed (in goodreads anyway) sequels that I really hope get them:
- Misfit by Jon Skovron
- Out in Blue by Sarah Gilman
- Strange Neighbors – a new one would be #4 – by Ashlyn Chase
- Thirteen Hallows by Michael Scott and Collette Freedman (the synopsis says Thirteen Hallows is the first in a new saga, so… sequel to come at some point!)
- Runelight by Joanne Harris (the sequel to Runemarks – listed in goodreads as published in 2011, but not available on amazon or anywhere yet)
- Bewitching Mystery – would be #9, what ever would come after In Charm’s Way – by Madelyn Alt
Next year end list to tackle – best covers and covers that suckered me in the worst!