I spent some time yesterday catching up. I wasn’t posting because I was off reading. I managed to cram in Lover Unleashed by JR Ward, Tempest’s Legacy by Nicole Peeler, A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson and the start of Accidentally Catty by Dakota Cassidy all in over the last week (or so). And then I had to attempt to catch up. So, numerous reviews and pages have been updated or created. And, I am happy to say:
- Jane True continues to be wonderful
- Lover Unleashed brought me back to the beginning of the series, reminding my why I love the brotherhood
- Werewolf in Manhattan is a great start to the Wild About You series (good story and really good steaminess) and is for fans of things like the Vegas Vamps, Queen Betsy, Sookie Stackhouse, Accidental Friends, etc. It’s a fun and light PNR, not the dark going after a great big bad evil like the BDB or Midnight Breed (etc.)
Now for the things that weren’t so awesome.
- How in the heck did Swoon by Nina Malkin get a sequel? It’s mind boggling. It was not a favorite book of mine. But, I read it and created a page since apparently Swear, book #2 in the Swoon series comes out later this year. Given my predilection to read even terrible sequels, I am sure I will get to it eventually. You just won’t see me eager to do it.
- I can’t seem to figure out if Dakota Cassidy’s Hell series will only ever be the two. The first was ok, the second was really enjoyable. And, because of the apparent limit to the series, I combined that series with the Accidental Friends page.
- And finally, I seem to have not made a dent in my “to read” pile, since every time I take a book or two off, a book or two more get added. Take this last week for example. I took of the ones I listed above, but added Red Pyramid (it was sort of bashed by some friends, so now I am eager to see what all that hating is about) by Rick Riordan, City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (see my post on prepping for this for my reservations here) and The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch (which I will get to as soon as I finish Accidentally Catty since it’s a galley, waiting for a review).
Now, if only I could find a way to manage my nook contents with one program instead of 3 (well, 2 really plus the B&N website make 3)….